Am I eligible to vote?
To be eligible to vote you must….
• Be a resident of Virginia (a person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes).
• Be a U. S. Citizen.
• Be 18 years old (any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election).
• Not be registered and plan to vote in another state.
• Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
• If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored.
Am I already registered?
Click the button to find outand fill in the five boxes under Registered Voter.
Where can I register?
Online: Click on the button to register online.
Click Here for Online Registration
At Registrar office:Click on the button then select Frederick County or Winchester City for details.
Click Here for Registrar Office
Do I have to claim membership to a political party when I register?
No, but you will not be able to vote in primary elections if you are not registered with a party.
Click Here for More info
Do I need an identification card (ID) to register?
On line: You need a Social Security number (SSN) and a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) customer number from driver’s license.
At Registrar office: You need a Social Security number (SSN).
What do I do if my address changes?
Click on the button below and fill in the five boxes under Registered Voter.
On page 2 check the box “I want to update my voter record” then press the green CONTINUE button.
Do I need an identification card (ID) to vote?
Yes, to find out what forms of ID are acceptable click the button.
Where do I vote?
To find out click the button below and follow these three steps:
1. Fill in the five boxes under Registered Voter.
2. Pick the green FIND button on the bottom of the page.
3. On page 2 and select SHOW POLLING PLACE box.
Can I register to vote on election day?
NO! The deadline to register for the Nov. 6th Election is Oct. 15, 2018
How can I vote early?
If you will not be able to vote on election day you can apply for absentee voting.
Click the button below and fill in the five boxes under Registered Voter.
On page 2 check the box “I want to apply for absentee voting” then press the green CONTINUE button.
My voting question is not listed above?
For more detailed voting info try the following buttons:
Virginia Department of Elections