List of Committees
Precinct Organization, Voter Registration, & Membership
Committee Chair: Kevin Kennedy
- Holds voter registration activities at least four (4) times per year;
- Devise and implement strategies to increase membership;
- Recruit 1-5 active Democrats in each Precinct who will identify the Democrats in their Precincts and then work to organize them into a reliable group of voters and also poll volunteers for Election Days;
- Take an active part in GOTV activities for each election;
- Coordinate plans and timelines with the Virginia Democratic Committee and 10th Congressional District.
Candidate Recruitment & Selection
Committee Co-Chairs: Addie Lingle & Casey Turben
- Develop criteria for candidate selection;
- Assist candidates with planning to include campaign budgets;
- Actively work with and support candidates throughout the campaign/election; and
- Develop proposed platform planks for potential Democratic candidates
Fundraising & Events
Committee Co-Chairs: Holly Redding & Deetzie Bayliss
- Provide a fundraising plan for Committee activities and initiatives;
- Assist candidates with fundraising planning;
- Manage Committee-sponsored events such as fundraising, meetings, picnics, and other events to accomplish goals within budget guidelines.
Public Relations & Communications
Committee Co-Chairs: Jeremiah Jenkins & Keith Provost
- Function as the Committee point-of-contact for all public and media contact;
- Prepare and execute a communication plan;
- Prepare and distribute fact sheets and publicity to support Committee activities/initiatives;
- Maintain call lists, scripts, contact lists, website/blogs, etc.;
- Publish a regularly scheduled newsletter;
- Develop and maintain electronic media.
Committee Chair: Mia (Cleo) Usmai
- Promote a positive Committee presence within the community;
- Liaise with the Area organizations that share the Committee’s values to foster a coordinated approach to Committee initiatives and communications and promote the Committee as a central coordinator for events and movements;
- Apprise the Committee of other community activities;
- Form committees of special interest such as veterans, Hispanic, senior citizens, LGBT, or other special interest groups; and
- Encourage the committees to reach out to like-minded people who may join the Committee.
Committee Chairs: Mia (Cleo) Usmani
- Guide young people in our community as they learn about Democratic activism.